Travel to some of Dunedin’s top attractions with Headfirst Travel’s Otago Explorer including a guided tour of Larnach Castle.
We have a variety of options in Dunedin with our main trip being a guided tour of Larnach Castle. Our combination deals have been specifically made for the traveler who wishes to get as much as they can out of Dunedin in a short space of time and on a limited budget.
Our drivers let you know the local legends as they show you the sights of this historically rich city. We run daily tours to Larnach Castle – our driver guides have a real fascination and passion for Mr William Larnach and his restored castle – this is a must see in Dunedin!
For the ultimate in Otago Peninsula tours – do our full day Larnach Castle and Elm Wildlife tour! Penguins, Fur Seals and Sea Lions await your visit!
Trips and Prices:
All our tours include entry fees, picks ups from accommodation and transfers. Our drivers provide extensive commentary of Dunedin’s city sights and a guided tour of Larnach Castle.
The most popular of our Dunedin trips – we departures daily at 11:00am. Pickups from most central Dunedin accommodation and the Dunedin i-Site information centre.
Returns to Dunedin at 1.30pm.
- BALL driver bringing alive local legends
- Entry into Larnach Castle and gardens with 90 minutes in the Castle grounds including 45 minute guided tour with your driver / guide.
- Pick ups and drop offs
Cost: Adult $85 / Child $51
Visit Larnach Castle’s Website here
Larnach Castle and Olveston Historic House
Great chance to visit two of Dunedin’s famous historic homes to get a full appreciation of Dunedin’s past. Out knowledgeable drivers will take you through the history of Larnach’s Castle, tell you the legends of Dunedin on a city tour and will take you to Olveston House – almost a time capsule of early 1900’s.
- Transport and 45-minute’s guided tour of Larnach Castle with some extra free time to explore gardens
- Dunedin City Sights highlights tour
- Olveston House guided tour
- Please note this tour finishes at Olveston House at the completion of your guided tour.
Cost: Adult $110 / Child $66
Larnach Castle and Elm Wildlife
Join us for a tour to Larnach Castle then head further out the Otago Peninsula with Elm Wildlife Tours for a wildlife spotting extravaganza.
- Transport and a guided tour of Larnach Castle
- Free time to explore the Castle Garden or have a coffee or a bite of lunch
- Elm Wildlife pick you up at the castle steps to continue down to the end of the peninsula to see Penguins, Sea Lions, New Zealand Fur Seals and the famous Royal Albatross.
A Full day ultimate Otago Peninsula day trip.
Cost: Adult $199 / Child $119
Tour Duration: Approx 8.5 hours